This month the results of 2018-19 round of CIF funding are published, and many schools will be disappointed.
- Were you unsuccessful in the 2018-19 application for funds?
- Did your application include repairs to roofs?
- Is your roof still leaking? Don’t despair!
Get in touch to see how we can help you change that.
Why use SIG Design and Technology?
SIG Design and Technology are experts in roofing and roof related works. We are part of FTSE-250 quoted SIG Plc which means you can have peace of mind and genuine guarantees, and we have an excellent track record of successful applications for CIF funding for roofing related works.
We are working with several Academies and Multi Academy Trusts and also advising surveyors practices on their projects. With us on your team, your 2019-20 bid has a much better chance of success, particularly if you start early.
Repairs for leaking roofs qualify for CIF Funding – but you must act quickly!
The government’s Condition Improvement Fund (CIF), administered by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, is designed to provide capital funding to keep academy and sixth form college buildings safe and in good working order.
CIF funding is ideal for academies who have leaking roofs, as they comply with the priority that the ESFA places on compliance with health and safety issues, and to ensure weathertight buildings and continuous heating.
However not all applications for funding for this work are successful, as you may have discovered.
This is due to several factors, including:
- Increasing Demand for refurbishment, with more schools suffering from leaking roofs;
- Increasing Popularity of the CIF funding mechanism, with over 6000 schools applying last year;
- Reduced success rates overall. The 2017-18 success rate was just 38% for all applications.
- Academies who apply are not familiar with the process, or are poorly advised.
It is essential that if you need to apply to the Condition Improvement Fund to get your school roof repaired, that you get experienced help on board.
This help is Free from SIG Design and Technology.
How to Bid for CIF funding for School Roof Repair and Replacement
SIG Design and Technology, the company behind FixMySchoolRoof.com, have a highly qualified and experienced team of roofing specialists who also understand how the CIF Funding process works.
We recommend that academies and sixth-form colleges:
- Don’t leave it too late – it is essential to get started as soon as possible, and the Spring is a great time to start;
- Make the strongest bid possible, one which clearly identifies the risks and issues, uses the appropriate technical language and presents the information concisely and relevantly;
- Use an expert team to help you make your application. Applying for funding is a challenge and people often make mistakes.
Free Roof Condition Survey
SIG Design and Technology are roofing experts with years of expertise and a network of accredited contractors. Working with our experienced partner surveyors, we can make the bidding process very simple and successful.
Because we’re so confident we can secure your funding, our advice is free and we offer a FREE roof condition survey and report to schools we know we can help.
The Condition Improvement Fund 2018-19 funding round might not have gone so well for you. Bidding for CIF funding for your roof repairs can be daunting, but with the right advice and experience on hand it doesn’t have to be a bind. Get in touch with us today to book your initial meeting, or if you have any questions please ask them in the comments below, or contact us via the enquiry form.
Condition Improvement Fund 2018-19: More Information
- Read the Outcome of the 2018-19 Round of the Condition Improvement Fund on the Gov.uk website.
- Find out more about our Free Roof Condition Survey and Report
- Read a summary about how our CIF Funding Support works from survey to completion.
- Read about one of our CIF funded projects as it happens here.
- Read about how we successfully secured CIF funding on a project which had failed in the past.
Don’t leave it too late, get in touch today!