The Condition Improvement Fund 2019-20 bidding round for capital funding has opened. Single academy trusts, multi-academy trusts (MATs) and sixth-form colleges can apply for capital funding to keep their buildings safe and in good working order.
Download the information for applicants below, and learn about how the CIF funding system works.
Who is eligible for CIF Funding?
To be eligible to apply you must be an open academy or sixth-form college at 1 September 2018, or be a school with a signed academy order at 1 September 2018. If the latter you’ll need to have converted to academy status and have a funding agreement in place by 1 April 2019 to receive the funding if your application for CIF funding is successful.
Repairs to Leaking Roofs Qualify for CIF Funding
CIF funding is ideal for academies who have leaking roofs, as they comply with the priority that the ESFA places on compliance with health and safety issues, and to ensure weather tight buildings and continuous heating.
However not all applications for funding for this work are successful. This is due to
- Increasing Demand for refurbishment with more schools suffering from leaking roofs;
- Increasing Popularity of the CIF funding mechanism it was three times oversubscribed this last year;
- Reduced success rates overall (only applications that demonstrated a high project need and aligned with CIF priorities were successful)
- Academies who apply are not familiar with the process, or are poorly advised.
It is essential that if you need to apply for CIF funding to get your school roof repaired, that you get experienced help on board. This help is Free from SIG Design and Technology.
How to Bid for CIF funding for School Roof Repair and Replacement
SIG Design and Technology, the company behind FixMySchoolRoof.com, have a highly qualified and experienced team of roofing specialists who also understand how the CIF Funding process works. We recommend that academies and sixth-form colleges:
- Don’t leave it too late – now the applications can go in it is essential to get started as soon as possible
- Make the strongest bid possible, one which clearly identifies the risks and issues, uses the appropriate technical language and presents the information concisely and relevantly.
- Use an expert team to help you make your application. Applying for funding is a challenge and people often make mistakes.
We Can Help
SIG Design and Technology are roofing experts with years of expertise and a network of accredited contractors. Working with our experienced partner surveyors, we can make the bidding process very simple and successful.
Because we’re so confident we can secure your funding, we offer a FREE roof condition survey and report to schools we know we can help.
Bidding for CIF funding for your roof repairs can be daunting, but with the right advice and experience on hand it doesn’t have to be a bind. Get in touch with us today to book your initial meeting, or if you have any questions please ask them in the comments below, or contact us via the enquiry form.
- Visit the Government’s CIF Pages and download the detailed guidance on the 2019-20 Funding Round.
- Find out more about our Free Roof Condition Survey and Report
- Read a summary about how our CIF Funding Support works from survey to completion.
- Read about some of our CIF funded projects as they happened here.
- Read about how we successfully secured CIF funding on a project which had failed in the past.
About the author – SIG D&T Team
We are the team at SIG Design and Technology. We supply school roof refurbishments and operate a successful bid process in consultation with specialist education surveyors for the replacement or refurbishment of roofs and pitched roof areas. With over 120 branches nationwide, SIG Roofing is the largest supplier of roofing materials in the UK, providing our customers with impartial advice on the right roofing solution for their projects.