In light of the ever-developing situation, I wanted to take this opportunity to confirm that we will be maintaining a Business as Usual stance to minimise any impact the Coronavirus could have on your business.
Business as Usual
Guided by UK Government and Public Health advice, we have both reviewed our operations and developed business contingency plans to ensure our supply chain is protected should situations change.
Specification Teams – Business as Usual
Our specification, sales and business development managers continue to be available for face to face meetings. However, we can also hold and join meetings via telephone, Skype and Microsoft Teams and of course we continue to engage via email in response to your enquiries.
Stock Availability – Increased investment in stock
Working with our suppliers to protect the supply chain, SIG Roofing has been increasing our purchases of key stock items to ensure you can carry on with your projects.
Branch Network – Open as Usual
Our branches remain open for materials, support and advice. Furthermore, our full delivery service will be available.
Sales Support – Central Sales Office maintains operation in full
Some of our people have been redeployed to other offices or home working to ensure they are active to take and process orders along with answering technical and general enquiries.
Protocols to support teams
Engagement between individuals or groups to be limited:
- Internal restriction on face to face meetings.
- Work from home policy to non-frontline staff supported by new technology
- Nonattendance at industry events.
- Limiting contact with suppliers or the number of people that attend the meeting to maximum of 4 heads.
Where engagement or colocation is ongoing, we’re reinforcing government guidelines in key areas;
- Good hygiene – washing hands regularly for 20 seconds at a time
- Social Distancing – keeping at least 1 metre away from other persons
- Body Contact – reducing handshakes etc.
- Self-Isolation – on returning from at risk countries or identifying virus symptoms
Clearly the situation remains fluid and like everyone else, we will continue to follow advice from Government and Public Health and will of course also, endeavour to deliver projects and materials as seamlessly as possible despite the current disruption.
We will always follow official guidance on the virus, if you’d like more information please visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19.